Chief Systems Engineer-Deputy
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has a job opportunity for a Deputy Chief Engineer supporting the ARL-E program in Manassas, VA.
ARL-E is a multi-year Program of Record supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the ISR capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet. The candidate will support and guide the development, integration, fielding and sustainment of a cutting edge system to conduct airborne operations using ISR sensors and processing.
The Deputy Chief Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the design, development, integration, and fielding of the multiple hardware and software components and subsystems of the ARL-E Airborne ISR system. The candidate will participate in the full lifecycle of the program assisting the Chief Engineer, IPT Leads, and Program Management team on the program to ensure the on-time delivery of engineering efforts that meet program performance requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support and lead the design, development, integration, and documentation of multiple system level components into the ARL-E integrated system.
- Support system level analysis and generation of reports and presentations of the ARL-E integrated system.
- Work with engineering teams to perform root cause analysis (RCA)
- Develop, implement, and monitor processes on ARL-E program to collect performance and analyze metrics
- Interface with Government customers, support contractors, and team mates
- Author Statements of Work and manage Sub-Contractors as required.
- Provide leadership to a multi-contractor team consisting of aircraft integration, flight operations, testing and analysis functions to ensure all requirements are met on schedule and on budget.
Eligible for referral bonus program.
Basic Qualifications To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below: SECURITY CLEARANCE: active DoD Top Secret-level clearance and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Preferred Qualifications
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
SECURITY CLEARANCE: active DoD Top Secret-level clearance and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.