Leidos has an exciting opening for a Capture Manager. This person will partner with Operations & Logistics Solutions (O&LS) Division and Operation leadership to drive the organization’s strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers’ most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies. O&LS is Industry-recognized advanced logistics and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) innovator providing transformational end-to-end support chains leveraging business models that lower costs, improve efficiencies, and contribute to our customers’ success. Focus areas include: Range and Radar Support Operations, Global Aviation Solutions, Field Service Engineering, Fuels Management, Logistics IT, Readiness Support Solutions, and Maintenance, Modification, Repair, and Overhaul. This critical role, supporting the diverse portfolio, will include responsibility for all aspects of business development to include strategic capture, proposal operations, and strategy. The selected individual will be held accountable for identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the Division’s and Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
- Grow the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
- Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals of the Operation & Division
- Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
- Develops internal cross-organizational relationships and drives new growth through collaboration with the other sectors
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies
- Participate in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
- Play a key role in the development and execution of the long term strategic plan for the Division and Operation
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of leadership experience working in aerospace & defense, government services and/or other professional services running program capture, planning, and execution.
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD and/or Intelligence services business
- Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$100 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with IC, DOD, and Fed/CIV Customers
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Experience in budget management of B&P, IRAD and overhead dollars
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries to achieve results through others. Possesses the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
- Active TS level clearance required
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.