Help Desk Specialist
The Defense & Intelligence Group has a current job opening for Technical Support Help Desk Sr. Specialist in Government supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract.
This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
•Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
• Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
• Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
• Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
• Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
• Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
• Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
• Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
• Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
• Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
• Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
• High School Diploma and 0-1 Years or Experience in a related area.
• Currently posses an active Secret Clearance.
Ability to work nights and weekends.
•Prior DoD ABIS, IAFIS, Enterprise Biometric Systems, Web Application Development is a definite plus.
•Demonstrated experience with similar programs that include development and sustainment, or agile development methodology (Scrum).
•S/W Language Experience –Required: Java, Oracle, Linux (RHEL and/or CentOS); Desired: Apache Camel, JBoss, Tomcat, Spring, Puppet, Git, JMS, SOAP, REST
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.