JOB DESCRIPTION: Leidos is a leader in fulfilling Intelligence Community (IC) counterterrorism (CT) requirements. We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Editor. The selected candidate will be responsible for professionally editing analytical products that support key US national security and foreign policy objectives on CT issues. This position requires a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance. The Technical Editor will be expected to work in a shift environment (Wednesday – Friday) with shifts ranging from 12-13 hours per day.
- Relevant exposure to US foreign policy, national security CT objectives, and the interagency coordination process
- Professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills
- Proven track record of reviewing finished intelligence and collaborating with analysts and managers
- Critical thinking skills are required
- Knowledge of national security classification procedures is required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to adjust as priorities change
- Experience working with Adobe InDesign is desired
- Ability to work in a shift work environment
- TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts/Sciences (or related field), 8+ years of relevant IC and/or CT experience and demonstrated performance in similar positions. Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.