Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to join a team in the Northern Virginia area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
The SE is responsible for the strategic planning and transition effort for multiple internal components to implement and migrate to the information technology enterprise (ITE) environment. The SE will have the primary responsibility to plan, assess, implement, monitor and report status for the organization.
This position involves both technical and strategic planning which requires technical skills to understand desktop applications, business systems, collaborative technologies, and multi-site networks. This position also requires Subject Matter Expertise level strategic planning skills to develop and execute effective plans.
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic enterprise level IT planning and governance.
- Demonstrated experience preparing or reviewing technical and programmatic documentation to ensure their accuracy and to ensure that impacts are identified, understood, and communicated.
- Demonstrated experience in project life-cycle support, including maintenance, administration, and management.
- Demonstrated experience with development, deployment, tracking project studies, plans, action items in support of computer systems to include but not limited to demonstrated project management, task management, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience preparing executive level documents including PowerPoint presentations and Word documents
- Demonstrated experience with the development, deployment, or support of multi-node networks.
- Demonstrated experience planning or supporting the use of Amazon cloud computing technologies.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.