Information Security Intern
The Leidos Civil Health group is seeking the best and brightest minds, with a passion for technology, to join our Intern Program.
As a technology intern at Leidos, you will be immersed in a rich technical experience where you will work side-by-side with senior leaders, architects, developers, fellow interns, and others. In addition to hands-on experience, the program will also provide career development opportunities that include a summer series of events and various networking engagements across the organization.
• Conduct information security risk assessments to evaluate information systems, programs and procedures
• Understand HHS security standards and frameworks, including the Cybersecurity Framework, Critical Security Controls.
• Monitor and manage compliance of enterprise information security controls
• Support and facilitate audits of enterprise information systems
• Provide reporting, metrics, and testing as needed
• Support vulnerability remediation tasks that focus on risk reduction, improving visibility and strengthening protections.
• Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Seeking a current student pursuing bachelors or master’s degree in cyber security discipline
• Demonstrated knowledge of information systems and security technologies
• Sufficient technical expertise to identify security control issues within cloud and distributed enterprise environments
• Knowledge and ability to run reporting programs and security applications
• Understanding of one or more security controls frameworks Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), Critical Security Controls.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Experience in computer and information security assessment, administration, and management
• Experience with vulnerability management systems
• Experience in with designing and implementing security controls
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.