Leidos is seeking a Software Analyst to work at a customer site in Keyport, WA.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Navy Cyber Support mission. In this mission we support Assessment and Authorization (A&A), software analysis, software development, vulnerability assessment, software reverse engineering, fiber cabling and penetration testing.
The Software Analyst will provide software engineering and software analysis. The software analysis and assessments will be further augmented with subject matter expertise and support services in the conduct of a penetration test on a representative system.
The Software Analyst will assist in the evaluation of system operational design, system integration, and configurations in accordance with applicable IC, DoN and DoD standards and policies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Software Analyst is responsible for performing the software systems development function, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
Duties may include:
-Software requirements analysis
-Development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure and platforms
-Determination of hardware compatibility
-Selection, development and evaluation of software to ensure the efficient operation
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility, and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- BA/BS in technical field and 8+ years total work experience (or 6+ years with MS degree). 4 years equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Understanding of OS internal functions, ability to utilize debuggers (e.g., gdb, WinDbg, OllyDgb), and reading/writing assembly language (e.g. x86, x64, ARM, PPC, etc.)
- Ability to perform software analysis with both static and dynamic software analysis tools (e.g., Coverity, Fortify, Klocwork, Checkmarx, etc.)
- Ability to provide services in support of software changes derived from security report findings (based upon recommended priority) in the new development, as well as conducting continuous assessment of the new code developed. Differentiate between a significant issue, a minor weakness, and a false positive and develop remediation strategies to improve overall security posture
- Comfort communicating with internal and client project team members
- Understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Ability to effectively present technical information to reviewers in oral and written formats.
• DoDD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Training, Certification, and Workforce Management Policy IAT-II certification such as CompTIA Security+ ce.
• Familiarity with JAFAN 6/0, SCI Administrative Security Manual (DoD Manual 5105.21); ICD; SAP Security Manual (DoD Manual 5205.07) Volumes 1-4 and subsequent Implementation Guides.
• Experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Experience working independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.