Technical Support Manager
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Technical Support Manager at Scott AFB, IL.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to fill a Technical Support Manager position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott AFB, IL. The Technical Support manager must develop, lead, and motivate a team of help desk professionals to deliver technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction, and timeliness. The manager has frequent contact with customers, direct reports, and peers.
• Lead and supervise a team of help desk technicians providing support to end-users.
• Manage help desk operations in an enterprise network environment spanning all DoD services.
• Analyze customer organizational needs and direct the resolution of a wide range of computer problems with comprehensive knowledge of operating systems, servers, and software applications, as well as hardware, network components, and other peripheral components.
• Track and trend problems and identify value engineering opportunities.
• Develop a performance measurements framework and facilitate feedback system to team members on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills, in order to enhance the quality of support delivered.
• Creates, maintains, and implements detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures.
• Manages a small to mid-sized team consisting of experienced professionals.
• Develop training plans and lead team members to completion of training.
• Leads, directs and reviews the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their
• Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
External referral Eligible
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Individual must have excellent customer service skills, ability to multi-task and quality control records management experience.
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
• Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
• ITIL certification.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.