Service Desk Manager
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Manager, in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program.
The Service Desk Manager, located in Huntsville, Alabama, will manage the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) and Service Delivery Support Team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (ACE-IT) – Supporting 55 major sites. The Service Desk Manager will ensure that service levels are achieved in line with the service level requirements and that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
The Service Desk Manager has oversight of the entire service desk operations.
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for managing a world class service desk in support of ACE-IT. The Service Desk Manager is responsible for Incident Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management, and Customer Relationship Management. Responsibilities also include:
• Manage schedules and workloads of staff members, provide training and support, implement process improvements and make hiring decisions.
• Coordination and integration of new technology at the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD).
• Responsible for the organization meeting all KPIs and SLAs.
• Observe and measure organizational performance against customer requirements and recommend modifications to existing systems/processes or develop new systems and support services.
• Process owner for supported services.
• Ensure that Service Desk operations consistently use ITIL best practices.
• Manage a team of technicians, analysts, and specialists while providing high-level support to customer inquiries that have been elevated by other personnel.
• Manage training, knowledge base, problem management, and other SME leads.
• Previous experience managing enterprise help desk
• Strong customer service background
• Familiar with information management parameters and the processes needed to be put them in place
• Possess current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
• Broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project or program teams in one family.
• Ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures.
• Experience building and maintaining morale and managing attrition rates.
• Secret Clearance
• Experience with help desk (24x7x365);
• Experience with ITSM Tool (Remedy);
• Experience operating multi-site help desks
• ITIL Certification
• PMP Certification
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.