Information Security Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Security Engineer to work in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, IT Security Strategy, Cyber Security, and Compliance and Risk Management to protect the customer’s information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction
- Applies information security engineering experience to perform functions such as systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management
- Analyzes designs, develops, implements, tests, or evaluates software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems
- Establish a system security engineering (SSE) process and strategies to plan, organize, and manage program efforts to achieve maximum security and survivability of the system
- Research, develop, implement, test and review a software system’s information security IAW DoD/NIST RMF/ICD-503/DIACAP requirements to protect information and prevent unauthorized access. In this role, the ISSE candidate will direct the contracting team about security measures, explain potential threats, implement security measures, and monitor applications in order to meet or exceed all DoD/NIST RMF requirements, resulting in faster and more accurate software releases
- Develop and maintain system-specific Security Controls Test Matrix (SCTM), Security Assessment Report, Risk Assessment Report, POA&M, Application Security and Development Checklists, and other artifacts supporting certification and accreditation paperwork in accordance with RMF and JSIG
- Work closely with software engineers supporting and troubleshooting the deployment of software
- Perform within an agile program environment.
- Other duties as required
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS degree with 8 years of prior relevant experience, or 6 years of experience with a MS degree. 4 additional years of experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Understanding of DoD 8510, NIST 800.53 Risk Management Framework, ICD-503, DIACAP
- Familiarity with the security aspects of a variety of technologies in the following areas: IdAM, hardening tools, communications protocols, Linux platforms, database design, Red Hat Linux Admin, hand held devices
- CISSP certification or willingness to achieve a CISSP is preferred as well as SCAP, Security+ Certification is required
- Demonstrated experience driving cybersecurity products to multiple different programs and teams in accordance with each program’s schedule
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- US Citizenship is required with an active Secret clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- Experience with HBSS, Fortify, and ACAS/Retina.
- Experience with eMASS
- Experience dealing with certification and accreditation of web services, web clients, and Android applications
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.