Field Service Technician - Kuwait
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Field Service Technician at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
The Field Service Technician will be part of a dynamic team supporting USARMY Central (USARCENT) and Operation INHERENT RESOLVE Intelligence Community customers in Kuwait and throughout South West Asia, including both U.S. and coalition personnel. Successful candidate will have a demonstrated capability of resolving Tier I and II hardware, software, and application problems without supervision. Experience with US Intelligence networks and organizations in SWA a big plus. TS/SCI required at time of hire. Must hold current DoD 8140 IAT Level II IA baseline certifications at time of hire and have at least 3 years and 4 blank pages remaining on a valid US Passport. Must be willing to live & work in the State of Kuwait or forward deploy to austere locations as directed and follow all corporate and local site policies and host nation laws.
- Provide in-person and remote Tier 1 and 2 IT support to customers as part of a systems team across multiple networks.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve software issues with Windows Operating Systems, desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve software issues with Cisco network devices and LAN functionality & connectivity (potentially TACLANE).
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, PKIs, etc.
- Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access, etc.
- Apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely using PowerShell, RDP, etc.
- Complete basic and advanced hardware and infrastructure work as directed, including: running cable and cable management at both workstations and in server rooms, workstation installations, checking UPS systems, replacing hardware components of laptops & desktops, and basic printer maintenance.
- Track all work in designated systems (such as Remedy), ensure completeness and accuracy of tickets, escalate issues as needed, and hand-off work between day or night shift.
- In & Out process users, including creating accounts, setting up workstations, mapping drives and printers.
- Schedule Video Teleconferences and de-conflict scheduled conferences as needed.
- Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead, including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements or to backfill personnel during R&R or other absences.
- High School Diploma/GED with 8+ years of related experience, OR Associate’s Degree with 6+ years of experience, OR Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of experience.
- Currently possess 8140/8570.1-M IAT II (or higher) Baseline Certification, such as: Security+| ce.
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as: A+|ce, Server+, CCNA:R&S, and/or MCSA:Win10.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Work shift is 12‐hours per day, 7 days a week, and is subject to Kuwaiti Labor Law.
- Possess valid US Driving License and a valid US Passport with 3 years and 4 blank pages remaining in the passport.
- Position is on‐call 24x7, including weekends and holidays, and may also include night‐shift assignments.
- Position conditional on successful processing through the CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) and be designated “fit for deployment”.
- Position requires additional medical testing in theater to obtain Kuwaiti Work Visa.
- Unaccompanied position includes off‐post, shared housing and shared vehicle support provided by contract; however, operational requirements may dictate assignment and further deployment to austere locations including Jordan, Egypt, Iraq or Syria
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.