Systems Engineering Manager – Operations and Sustainment Manager
The Leidos Defense & Intelligence Group has a current opening for a Systems Engineering Manager supporting the U.S. Government. The position requires a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
- The systems engineering manager position will report to the Program Manager and support the program as the Operations and Sustainment (O&S) Manager for the program, responsible for a team of engineers operating data centers in CONUS and OCONUS locations. The O&S manager will also serve in a deputy program manager role and occasionally act on behalf of the program manager as needed.
- The areas of responsibility under the O&S manager include: System Administration, Field Services, Integrated Logistics Support, Discrepancy Report Management and Work-Off (DRWO), Operations Center Coordination and Support, Operations Center Training, Safety Management and On-Call Support.
- The O&S manager will be responsible for applying sound operations and sustainment processes. The O&S manager will also provide leadership on technical review boards.
- The O&S manager will be responsible for personnel management of the O&S team, including setting performance objectives, mentoring, writing performance reviews, and approving timesheets.
- The O&S Manager will oversee all phases of engineering projects for system maintenance, modifications, and upgrades and will be responsible for establishing and achieving the schedule for upgrades and system improvements. This includes preparation of build packages and coordination with the customer to communicate planned changes to gain approval for build activities.
- The O&S Manager will work with the Chief Engineer and subject-matter experts on the team to ensure availability of customer mission, troubleshoot and resolve system anomalies, recommend system improvements, and ensure all operational and maintenance procedures and technical drawings are updated to reflect changes.
- The O&S Manager will plan the rotating schedule of 24/7 on-call support and ensure on-call engineers are properly trained and able to support the duties. The O&S Manager will be expected to support the on-call engineers when escalation of anomalies is required.
- Position may include occasional travel to austere locations (OCONUS) to oversee maintenance and upgrade activities, gain familiarity with remote systems, and interact with support personnel.
Candidate must have:
- Experience overseeing a diverse engineering team with varied skills
- Experience operating and maintaining data center facilities and equipment
- Familiarity with operations and sustainment processes and methodologies
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes
- Knowledge of multiple program technical disciplines -information technology, networks and comms, physical security, environmental control systems (HVAC), power systems - including generators and UPS, and software applications (such as Splunk, industrial systems control software)
- Experience with field engineering activities
- Experience with Navy and/or Maritime systems and technology
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.