Leidos is looking for a Software Developer to join our Corporate Computer Information Systems Group.
This position can be supported as 100% telecommute.
In this role, you will work on building out a big data system to manage, analyze, and explore cyber data. You will be writing code in Java and Python, deploying your solutions on-prem and on-cloud, and you will explore the latest technologies available while building a cutting-edge platform.
- Write clean, secure, interface oriented code in java, spark, or python
- Work with Docker, Kubernetes, and other automated deployment tools
- Work on a distributed, high-paced, fast-moving and disciplined agile team
- Create tests, documentation and supporting materials for the product we are building
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM major, plus 2 years of relevant experience in software development, with Java being a required language.
- Curiosity: you ask why, you explore, you are familiar with latest and greatest open source tools, and always fascinated by what’s possible and what could be better.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to independently use available resources to close knowledge gaps
- Experience with Python or any other similar scripting language
- Experience with Java and have a solid understanding of Git
- Experience working in a Linux environment such as Red Hat, CentOS or Ubuntu.
- Due to potential security clearance requirement, US Citizenship is required for this role.
- Ability to design, develop, and maintain applications within the cloud environment
- A familiarity modern development approaches (serverless, containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, event based applications)
- Familiarity with Data Analysis or Statistics, and some data wrangling (programmatically extracting databases, transforming data, modeling it in readable form, etc
- Experience with REST APIs
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Active Secret clearance a plus
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.