ELK Lead Engineer
Leidos is looking for an ELK Lead Engineer to join our Corporate Computer Information Systems Group.
This position can be supported as 100% telecommute.
In this role, you will build and implement an ELK architecture to provide context-driven, real-time search for a cyber streaming data analysis platform. You will get to work together with best-in-industry engineers and data scientists to turn data into knowledge. You will also serve as the resident ELK expert, consulting internal and external projects and exploring latest architectures.
- Shape and implement ELK architectures based on specific data requirements
- Be responsible for cluster configuration and balancing; work closely with data centers, hardware and networking to ensure maximum ELK cluster effectiveness and stability
- Build high-efficiency, real-time data pipelines for ingest and processing
- Create briefings for the team and for executive leadership
- Serve as a valuable technical resource for lines of business
- BS Degree in Computer Science, mathematics, or related STEM major plus 8 years relevant experience in software architecture or software development, preferably in data-centric systems.
- At least 2 years of experience with the ELK stack.
- Curiosity: you ask why, you explore, you are familiar with latest and greatest open source tools, and always fascinated by what’s possible and what could be better.
- Ability to build and maintain resilient, interface-oriented architectures – demonstrated experience in defining and implementing such architectures
- Experience with ingest pipelines, including NiFi and Kafka
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience managing, balancing and configuring ELK clusters of 8 nodes or more.
- Experience designing ELK clusters based on data specifications and system performance requirements.
- Experience working in a Linux environment such as Red Hat, CentOS or Ubuntu.
- US citizenship is required and must be able to obtain secret clearance.
- Experience with ELK cloud deployments and using ELK as a service
- Familiarity with Data Analysis or Statistics, and some data wrangling (programmatically extracting databases, transforming data, modeling it in readable form, etc
- Experience with multiple big data technologies (Solr, HBase, various ingest pipelines)
- Experience designing Kibana dashboards and building Kibana extensions
- Full Lambda architecture cluster experience
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Active Secret is a big plus
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.