McMurdo Telecommunications Supervisor
The successful candidate will serve as a member of the McMurdo Station and Enterprise Network Infrastructure team responsible for ensuring the continued operation and improvement of the United States Antarctic Program’s (USAP) telecommunications infrastructure, which spans three continents.
Candidate is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the McMurdo Station telecommunications infrastructure as well as the overall USAP Enterprise telecommunications infrastructure and systems. Candidate will lead telecommunications team development, technical leadership, and supervising the McMurdo Telecommunications staff and sub-contractors responsible for telecommunications work. Responsible for the quality and timeliness of deliverables and implementation planning and execution. Responsible for compliance with existing ASC and Information Technology policies/procedures and direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the McMurdo Station telecommunications staff and ensure timely completion of assigned tasking. This requires annual deployment to McMurdo Station, Antarctica during the Austral summer season, and deployments as needed to other locations.
- Assist the McMurdo IT&C Manager in hiring annual staff for the McMurdo telecommunications work center.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure the continued operation of all USAP telecommunications infrastructure and cable plant.
- Maintain records and documentation in a consistent and professional manner, including enterprise telecommunications circuit and outside plant cable inventories.
- Responsible for project implementation and delivery. This includes implementation tasking and scheduling. Prepare and maintain project and service records and reports and correspondence per ASC and IT policies and procedures as assigned.
- Ensures that assigned deliverables are completed on schedule to acceptable levels of quality and performance.
- Provides subject matter expertise to Enterprise project teams and non-IT&C work centers and agencies.
- Provides professional technical leadership to staff to establish a working environment consistent with Division goals and objectives. Encourages professional development, performance evaluations, team building, coordination, and cooperation.
- Works with management to determine project staffing and resource allocation requirements.
- Responsible for managing staff as assigned by IT Management. Oversees and assigns daily tasking of staff. Responsible for implementing Information Technology standards, policies, and procedures for the United States Antarctic Program (USAP) as related to and required by the responsibilities of the assigned WBS.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority on the jobsite.
- Handles confidential matters (e.g., management reports) in accordance with management policy.
- Performs other duties as required.
Typically requires BS and four to eight years of relevant experience or Masters with two to eight years of relevant experience.
- Minimum four years of experience as a supervisor or technical lead is required.
- Extensive experience installing and maintaining outside plant, including copper and optical fiber
- Extensive experience installing and maintaining inside plant, including copper and optical fiber
- Experience maintaining circuit inventories
- Strong organizational, verbal/written communication skills and leadership ability required.
*** Deployment to Antarctica is required (approximately 4 to 5 months / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
- Project Management experience is strongly preferred
- BICSI Installation certification
- BICSI Outside Plant (OSP) Designer certification
- BICSI Data Center Design Consultant certification
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.