Leidos’s Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a Research Analyst for the NHRC San Diego, CA.
The Research Anayst is to conduct research, review and build computer models, based on expeditionary military treatment facilities operational requirements and the most recent theater clinical practice guidelines, to ensure materiel and personnel needs are met. You will be assigned to work independently, and as a member of the modeling and simulation team, on a variety of projects. The research results help DoD medical logisticians and planners make informed decisions based on modernization, standardization and efficiency of medical supplies for military medical treatment facilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Develop or refine Service specific medical assemblages based on operational and clinical requirements.
· Collect and review pertinent technical reports, military instructions and directive instructions, and scientific literature.
· Utilize proprietary software tools to maintain data, develop computer models, and construct simulations of expeditionary medical treatment facilities.
· Conduct critical analysis of simulation results.
· Facilitate panel discussions of military medical importance with researchers and subject matter experts.
· Prepare and give presentations of research plans, progress and results to all levels of customers.
· Prepare and document study and research findings.
· Conduct other research and data management as necessary.
Minimum education and qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a medical or related field with four or more years of experience providing health care as a Registered Nurse, Physician’s Assistant, independent medical personnel or Surgical Technician. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and able to qualify for a Secret Clearance. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, as well as the ability to work on independent and group projects.
Preferred qualifications: Master’s Degree in medical or related field or a Bachelor’s degree in health care with experience in a deployed setting.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.