Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn’s 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to join our team to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) efforts, including resolution of Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Software Problem Reports (SPRs), operation/maintenance of the Development Software Support Environment (DSSE), Certification and Accreditation efforts, integration and test, software integration and test facilities operations, and technical support and integration of the software capabilities and interfaces with current and future weapons platforms. This position is located in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
• Provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems,including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
• Participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
• Analyze and solve potential software configuration, integration, and performance issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
• 4 years of experience conducting functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems.
• 1 year software engineering experience on Army tactical systems.
• Knowledge and experience with DoD/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of software and computer resources for Army systems.
• Understanding of and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and an active Secret clearance.
• Experience with the Force XXI Battle Command, Brigade and Below (FBCB2)/Joint Capability Release (JCR).
• Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes.
• Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.