Network Provisioning Engineer
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Provisioning Engineer at Columbus, OH.
In this role you will be required to use your current technical capabilities as well as use your on-the-job training to:
• Work in DISA configuration management database WWOLS to develop customer order.
• Work in DISA Storefront (DSF) order management system designing customer initial.
• Utilize broad knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices to provide network services, relate to existing technology, practices, priorities, system capabilities, operating practices and procedures, service contracts, costs and funding
• Provide functional guidance, supervision, and technical support as necessary.
• Resolve technical problems, coordinate with commercial carriers and users, ensure new service activations are tested/activated in accordance with DISA standards, end-to-end.
• Implement, install, provision, commission, and maintain design of network infrastructure, DS0 through OC layers traversing fiber, microwave, satellite and copper transport, employing ATM, SONET, Promina/IDNX, M13, DACS, DSU/CSU's, Inverse Mux, and Channel bank schemes.
• Provide fault isolation assistance.
• Operate various types of telecommunications test equipment and bit error rate/cell test sets.
• Design and engineer data and voice networks carried over various transmissions systems, router to router connections using military and commercial protocols such as BGP and ISIS, switch-to-switch trunking to include VLANS, and circuit configurations through multiplexers.
• Identify and correct network and transmission deficiencies in planned or currently operational networks.
To be functionally effective in this role, you will be required to:
• Follow all Government approved and provided Circulars, Instructions, Policies, work instructions, provisioning rules, and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) when provisioning a service request.
• Act on behalf of the customer to enter the service request details into DISA Storefront (DSF).
• Review the request for completeness and clear requirements, to include funding authorization.
• Verify correct points of contact (POC) for each location through which the circuit traverses.
• Engage with the customer if the service request is incomplete or requirements are unclear.
• Obtain cost estimates from GSM-O RF. Tracks requirements through the entry system approval process, reaches out to stakeholders and facilitates approvals as necessary to ensure continual forward progress of the service request.
• Develops service orders within configuration management databases such as MetaSolv (MSS), WWOLS, or other tool(s) as furnished and identified by the Government, including access to classified/SIPRNET.
• Maintain current POCs for each location or tool identified by the government, through which the circuit traverses in order to properly enter correct POC information as required within the Service Order, formerly known as Telecommunication Service Order TSO. Annotates appropriate status for those items which are Held in Abeyance (HIA) pending information or action on the part of another government or contractor entity.
• Actively work with external entities to resolve HIAs when possible. Escalates items for which the Contractor has no direct control or influence, or which are impeding the progress of mission critical requirements, as determined by the Government, that exceed 5 days from time being put on HIA.
• Ensure Telecommunications Service Priority (TSP) has been added to the service order according to DISA and DHS policy and procedures.
• Track the status of draft service orders in the Government provided tracking repository.
• Finalize and release service orders.
External Referral Eligible
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a relevant technical discipline and 2-4 years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
**To qualify, you must be 8570 Compliant and you must have an ACTIVE Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
• Knowledge of Fiber Optic.
• Knowledge of CISCO, Juniper, ATM, INDX, and IP equipment.
• Knowledge of Satellite, telephone, Ethernet, Lam/Wan, and trunks networks.
• Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
• Basic grasp of cryptographic devices.
• ITIL certification
• CompTIA Network +
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.