Base Operations Control Specialist
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Base Control Operations Specialist in Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan.
The Base Control Operations Specialist position is in support of the Afghanistan CLS NSRWA contract. The Base Control Operations Specialist coordinates and monitors all flights in and out of the facility with flight crews, and is responsible for monitoring weather conditions. Compiles aircraft dispatch data such as scheduled arrival/departure times, needed fuel, flight plans, ramp delays, and weather reports. Advises flight crews on atmospheric conditions, preferred runway, and taxi instructions. Prepares messages concerning flights and ground operation and maintains contact with operations personnel via VHF/UHF radio. Point of contact for all aircraft ground operations to include refuel, defuel, and engine runs, Ground Support Equipment, and hanger space availability. Ensures sections’ compliance with program’s Flight Operation Procedures (FOP) and Ground Operation Procedures (GOP). Maintain a graphic display for all aircraft locations on facility. Responsible for conducting flight operations support for PC-12 and Mi17 operations at various locations in Afghanistan. Involved with mentorship of Afghan military personnel in all aspects of base/flight operations and publications; monitor and track aircraft flights utilizing Afghan National Tracking System (ANTS) and maintain flight operations related documentation/records. Ensure Program’s Mentorship tracking mechanisms are updated to quantify Afghan military personnel progress. Utilize the secure and non-secure flight operations areas and update the flight operations areas with appropriate intelligence/threat information available and displayed.
- 5 years’ experience in Flight and/or Base Operations or 3 years of military experience as a flight operations technician
- Active Secret Clearance
- Very familiar with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel and Access
- Military experience as a Flight Operation Technician is highly desired.
As the position location is in Afghanistan, the following requirements need to be met:
- US citizen - Active passport with a minimum of 12 months before expiration prior to start date.
- Visa with multiple entries for 12 months prior to start date
- Completion of Customer required International Readiness Certifications prior to deployment.
- Failure to complete any of these actions within 60 days of accept will result in rescinding of the offer. If the candidate is unable to pass the medical screening after the start date and prior to deployment an immediate administrative termination will be requested.
- Preferred Aviation background experience
- Understanding and accepting local languages, customs and traditions (to be able to work with local customs, transport systems and language interpretation)
- Ability to work and live in a team environment
- Military deployment experience is highly desired and deployment experience to the CENTCOM region is desired
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized training in specific aspects of job functions and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks and 3 Years of experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.