Product Owner/ Business Analyst Team Lead
Leidos's Civil Health Operation has a Product Owner/ Business Analyst Team Lead opening in Bethesda, MD.
Product Owner/ Business Analyst Team Lead will be responsible for providing leadership for product ownership, requirements development and management in support of multiple software development, and operations & maintenance contract teams. The Product Owner/ Business Analyst Lead will help the Program Director to evolve and scale a support model for applying Agile principles and processes for several Agile development teams supporting multiple customers and contracts. The successful candidate will provide guidance and mentorship to Requirements Analysts within the team, helping to improve the organization’s capabilities, proficiency and overall quality of service. The Product Owner/ Business Analyst Lead will have primary responsibility for defining and documenting the tools and processes we use for (1) eliciting and documenting requirements, (2) analyzing and documenting business processes using Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Process Reengineering (BPR) techniques, and (3) providing team members with tools and training they need to be successful.
• Provides guidance and leadership to a team of product owners/ business analysts who support multiple programs
• Collaborate with Program/Project Managers to plan and assign requirements analysts to various teams/ projects based on priorities, needs, resource availability to meet contractual requirements, project schedules and agile processes
• Develop, implement, train/coach and standardize processes, policies, and procedures for requirements development and business analysis
• Continuous improve requirement processes and tools within Leidos Agile Practice
• Collaborates with Program/Project Managers to tailor requirements process to their project’s needs
• Train teams on Lean Startup and Agile product ownership and requirements management techniques; recommend external training as appropriate
• Maintains Requirements Development and Requirements Management plans that define our processes in the context of the Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
• Reviews documentation produced by team members and provide detailed feedback and direction
• Participates in requirements elicitation meetings and facilitate business process analysis meetings
• Stays informed and share information with programs about best practices and developments in the industry
• Collects and reports on appropriate metrics and goals to drive improvements
• Devise strategic plan for the requirements support organization
• Writes technical reports and white papers for analysis approaches, tools and capabilities
• Recruits and manages performance of the requirements team
Business Analyst Responsibilities
• Elicits, understands and defines stakeholder needs
• Elaborates, writes, updates product requirements and specifications.
• Partners with the PO in communicating the product vision and making sure it's understood
• Facilitates the conversation and negotiations between business and IT
• Develop vision, roadmap, release plan, epics, user stories, enabling stories and supporting artifacts
• Works with the technical team to define non-functional requirements (reliability, maintainability, security, etc)
• Participates in backlog refinement and prioritization
• Provides enterprise and technical impact and gap analysis
• Identify and close gaps in the acceptance and the input to the testing activities
• May act as a Product Owner as part of an Agile/Scrum team.
• Works closely with stakeholders to understand and prioritize the business needs and product backlog
• Work with cross discipline delivery teams, product owners, designers and architects to validate project assumptions, dependencies and create product plans and roadmaps
• Hands on leadership guiding teams to think Lean and be Agile
• Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
• Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Creates artifacts (mockups, concept of operations, logical data models, etc) to communicate functional requirements
• Work closely with Test Team Lead to define Developing user stories to reflect system functional requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
• 8+ years of overall experience in analysis in support of IT systems
• 6+ years of eliciting and documenting requirements using Agile techniques
• 4+ years of Product Owner experience
• 4+ years of business process analysis
• 2+ years in a leadership position on a team
• Experienced with facilitating and negotiating scope and prioritization between the stakeholders and the development team
• Experienced with different agile frameworks (Lean, SAFe, Scrum, DSDM, XP) and can recommend when/which approach to use
• Demonstrated analytical skills to ask the right questions, dissect, organize, translate and cross reference requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
• Strong skills creating diagrams and flow charts using standard conventions and terminology
• Ability to present complex technology in layman terms
• Demonstrated success in a matrixed, fast-paced environment
• Experience in coaching and fostering a high performing team
• Self- motivated, creative, willing to work as a member of a team
• Proven knowledge and experienced in the technology field and technology project delivery.
• Proven facilitator that can lead sessions and workshops driving commitments, accountability, and deliverables.
• Proven ability to train and teach new concepts to challenging audiences.
• Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills.
• Experience supporting public health, health policy, grants or healthcare industries
• Experience working on government contracts
• Experience with other software lifecycle phases, such as development or testing
• Good working understanding of relational databases; ability to write basic SQL queries
US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.