Hadoop Infrastructure Engineer
The Civil Health Solutions group is currently seeking a Hadoop Infrastructure Engineer to support a large healthcare contract
Implement and operate Hadoop based Data lake solution hosted in the cloud for a strategic UK government initiative.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Build, Maintain and Operate Big Data environment in cloud.
- Debug and resolve data processing and analytics issues.
- Proactive in evaluating and developing tools and technologies in improving the data analytics platforms.
- Architect and/or evaluate data analytics solutions
- Support development of data integration and data processing processes
- Share and collaborate with analytics and dev-ops teams
- Support creation of Project Plan, identification of Risks, and generation of Risk Mitigation Plans
· Experienced setting up and administering Hadoop platforms and data lakes
· Experienced setting up and administer applications in AWS based cloud environment.
· Strong expertise in working with Red Hat Linux and Java
· Experience with System Development Lifecycle processes & documentation
· Experience estimating task effort and identifying dependencies
· Excellent communication skills
BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.