Leidos currently has an opening for an Environmental Technician at NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio as a member of the Waste Management Team.
Duties will include proper management of hazardous materials, including the completion and review of waste profiles for: RCRA regulated hazardous waste, universal wastes, used oils, and infectious waste; TSCA regulated asbestos containing materials and PCBs; sampling of environmental media for characterization, Underground Storage Tank (UST) inspections, spill response; review of property and equipment to be excessed for environmental and occupational hazards and DOT transportation services.
Additional support may include:
Review and maintain shipping and disposal records;
Completion of reports (weekly, monthly and annual);
Property decontamination and remediation;
Other duties as assigned.
• HS Diploma or GED and 2-3 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science or related field and 0-1 years of relevant experience.
• Candidate must be able to work under variable field conditions (weather, insects, and/or limited personnel and vehicle access).
• Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to successfully pass a basic background check.
• Candidate must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, for presentations, reports, and other uses.
• Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills as the position involves interfacing with client and on-site personnel.
• Have or have the ability to obtain Class C Commercial Driver’s License with a HazMat endorsement.
• Have the ability to perform continuous physical labor, including moving heavy drums up to 50 pounds.
• Must be capable of evaluating problems as they arise, be aware of what is happening around you, and understand how your own actions could impact Team goals and objectives.
• Must be able to follow prescribed safety procedures at all times while performing various duties.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule and be on call.
• OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER.
• Prior experience working with hazardous materials, knowledge of RCRA disposal regulations, knowledge of DOT regulations.
• Proven experience with operating lift equipment, such as forklifts, straight trucks with lift gates, pallet jacks and drum dollies.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.