Human Geographer- Apprentice
Leidos is seeking a Apprentice level Human Geographer to support a government customer in Springfield, VA. An active TS/SCI clearance is required to be considered.
The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing analysis, research, and information management support.
The successful candidate will:
- Utilize GIS tools to assess and analyze digital imagery, geospatial databases, and various sources
- Use remote sensing, spatial analysis, and GIS tools along with skills
- Perform quality reviews to ensure geospatial and content accuracy
- Generate visual aids and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma
- Active TS/SCI level Clearance
- 1 to 3 years geospatial analysis experience in the Intelligence Community at the national level
- Understanding of language or linguistics
- Ability to correlate human trends
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with MS Office, data mining, ability to develop and manipulate, and maintain databases
Demonstrated experience in creating visual aids (graphs, charts, etc.) and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing
- Familiarity with ArcView, ArcGIS, Remote View, ArcIMS, NIMAMuse, ERDAS Imagine, MR SID Remote View, ERDAS Imagine, Microstation, AutoCAD, raster products, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Fireworks, MS FrontPage, Photoshop, HTML, Frame Maker
"External Referral Eligible"
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.