Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn’s 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
The Mission Systems Integration Operation (MSIO) of Leidos is recruiting for a Test Engineer for an Army Tactical Systems program supporting the CECOM Software Engineering Center (SEC). This position is located in the area of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
The Leidos MSIO develops, modernizes and integrates leading-edge mission critical C2 and Mission Command systems using innovative technology and methodologies to rapidly deliver capabilities to the warfighter.
Our team provides Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) and Post Production Software Support (PPSS) for a variety of Army Mission Command (MC) systems. We support the SEC and a worldwide customer base by providing critical PDSS and PPSS support which encompasses Command & Control, Communications - Tactical (C3T) systems ensuring superiority in the air, land and maritime domains. We provide PDSS and PPSS support in all stages of the system life cycle for all assigned MC systems including support to Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Software Problem Reports (SPRs), software maintenance and emergency releases, and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) releases in support of the Program Executive Office Command (PEO) C3T and Program Manager MC.
• Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components.
Investigates and resolves operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
• Provide technical support and advice to other engineering groups.
• Act as liaison with outside suppliers in establishing or modifying specifications for purchased items.
• Devise and apply testing procedures for parts or sub-assemblies received from outside vendors.
• Participate in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs
• Provide support to setup and manage Software Integration and Test facilities operations.
• Support the development of test and integration plans that document the planning and execution of at a minimum test activities to include: loading software onto target environment; configuring and conducting configuration management on system/software under test
• Test automation solutions supporting Army Regulations and C3TD policies that address patch management, host monitoring, Host Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS), policy enhancement, offline patch management, compliance
checking (STIGS), compliance reporting, vulnerability audits, and remediation.
• Analyze reported problem(s) and reproduce the reported problem in the test environment.
• Provide documentation detailing all procedures used in modifying and testing the software of the target system(s).
• A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline and 2 years relevant work experience.
• Possess 1+ years in a technical role within an Army tactical systems environment.
• Experience in planning and executing functional, operational, and/or performance scalability tests on hardware, software, and systems.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Candidate must have the ability to travel within the Continental United States for 10% of the time to support customer requirements.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and active Secret clearance.
• Experience with test automation tools such as Eggplant
• Familiarity in setting up and managing the operation and maintenance of Development Software Support Environments.
• Have experience with CPOF and JBC-P application component integration & testing.
• Possess skills and knowledge in software engineering and in specific functional areas (e.g., Geospatial, Command and Control (C2), Integration & Test facilities support, Process Improvement, and Information Assurance (IA)).
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.