Sr Network Engineer - NIPR VRF
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Network Engineer at DISA / Scott AFB.
Candidate is responsible for overall network engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the network. Duties may include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
•Support level duties may include monitoring, installation, modification, testing and servicing of network infrastructure DS0 through OC layers traversing fiber, microwave, satellite and copper transport, Promina, DATM, MSPP, Ciena OTN, DWDM, ODXC, IP SERVICES, DSN, DRSN.
•Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on the area/ project team.
• Serves as a central point of contact for clients to determine the status of implementation activities.
•Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
•May assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments.
• Addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues.
• Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically limited in complexity.
• Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc.). Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
• Broad knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods and practices to provide network services, relate to existing technology, practices, priorities, system capabilities, operating practices and procedures, service contracts, and costs and funding.
Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
•Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+CE.
•Currently possess active Secret or TS clearance
• Experience or working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques in one or more of the following areas: Promina, DATM, MSPP, Ciena OTN, DWDM, ODXC, IP SERVICES, DSN, DRSN, MetaSolv Solution (MSS) CMDB
•CCNA or equivalent
• Project Management experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.