Systems Engineering Senior
Leidos was named by LinkedIn as one of the best U.S. Companies and Forbes’ "America’s Top 500" list. The company is growing quickly, and is looking for new talent. Leidos is offering a $2,000 bonus for every referral that results in a new IT hire. The effort is a pilot of an external referral program where non-employees can refer candidates to Leidos.
The Leidos Airborne Integration & Ground Processing Systems operation of the Advanced Solutions Group currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer located at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds (APG) in Aberdeen, MD.
The selected candidate will serve as a member of an Engineering Team and support a full spectrum of division activities specifically focused on systems engineering related to mission systems operations within or in support of aircraft platforms. As a subject matter expert the candidate will inject into each stage of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle to include but not limited to, requirements analysis, design, and integration, functional testing, and all associated documentation. Primary duties are technically hands on and include the research, development, integration, testing, troubleshooting, and fielding of hardware, software, and appliances related the FPED 2.0 system and the associated RMF accreditation activities.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in systems engineering or related information technology field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software. The selected candidate will have previous information technology experience.
The position involves the following tasks:
- System design, integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation
- Develop test plans that validate requirements
- Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams
- Develop technical and programmatic assessments, evaluate engineering and integration initiatives and provide technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Support engineers of other disciplines in the design, integration, and security posture of products
- Assist ISSM in the development and maintenance of multiple accreditation packages
- Contribute to pre, peri, and post Authority to Operate (ATO) assessments
- Assist with other systems engineering activities as directed by supervisor
- Must be able to travel about 50% to customer and testing sites. Travel Afghanistan may be required to conduct site surveys and system installation into 3 Army operation centers; must be able to meet minimum CRC requirements for entry into Afghanistan, including a valid US Passport to be able to obtain an entry visa.
- Security Clearance: Active DoD Top Secret
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Experience: 4-8 years if experience, 5 years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Certifications: Any DoD 8570 certifications of IAT Level II or higher or IAM Level I or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, CISSP, CISM)
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with hardware and software integration
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with Windows environments
- Familiarity with Linux systems
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with NIST RMF SP 800-53
- Proficient with MS Office products to include Visio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert interpersonal skills when working as part of a team and capable of working independently when required
- Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with virtualized environments, multi-level security solutions, and cross domain solutions
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.