Service Operations Problem Manager
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Service Operations Problem Manger to support the conference center under the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency. This position is located in Springfield, VA.
Adhering to process and procedural directives, candidates will deliver high quality problem management coordination support across the ITEMS UFS program. Coordinate the support of multi-level problem investigation, root cause analysis and resolution of enterprise level or UFS specific problems.
Performs a variety of activities which contributes the successful delivery of outcomes of the Service Operations Team. Requiring familiarity of IT Service Management and expertise in the domain of ITIL Problem Management and client engagement, which may include:
- Team lead of the Tier 1.5 Analysts responsible for shift schedules and in conjunction with the Service Operations Manager performance of the Tier 1.5 team
· Interface effectively with the NGA Service Desk, Customer, ITEMS UFS teams, Analysts, Project Managers and other Service Providers
· Analyze incidents and requests coming to ITEMS UFS to identify trends and “problems” that if resolved will eliminate or reduce the number of incidents
· Analyze incidents and requests that come to ITEMS UFS that should have been resolved by the enterprise service desk and work with NGA Service Desk POCs to identify required knowledge articles that UFS team can create to reduce – eliminate incidents and request that should be resolved by the enterprise service desk
· Coordinate ITEMS UFS root cause analysis efforts in support of NGA Enterprise wide or ITEMS UFS specific problems or outages
· Identify and update Knowledge Base Articles as directed or required
· Identify and resolve assigned customer issues in a consultative manner
· Support Daily, weekly, monthly reporting on queue levels and ensuring work queues are maintained and controlled
· Source and analyze relevant subject matter documentation
· Participate in continuous service & quality improvement initiatives
· Identify and implement efficiencies to enhance service outcomes
· Contribute to business improvement initiatives
· Ensure adherence to processes by employees for IT Support
· Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of ITSM ticket systems (Remedy, ServiceNow and reporting functionality
- Experience in reporting on a variety of business processes and technologies used in service delivery
- Experience with flexible solution design for new and emergent reporting requirements
- High-level of experience using MS Office
- Performing root cause analysis
- Extracting and analyzing data from ITSM systems to identify trends and create reports
- Some experience with relevant ITSM technologies and the NGA environment
- Some understanding of ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management, Request Fulfilment, and Release and Deployment processes
- Demonstrated ability in following direction and working as part of a team of professionals, with particular experience working within Project lifecycles
Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in adapting to new technologies rapidly.
- You will have strong communication skills (verbal and written), technical and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work autonomously as well as contribute as a valued team member including:
Strong planning and organizational skills
An ability to manage the resolution of basic technical issues
Strong initiative in developing and improving systems and procedures
Strong problem solving skills
Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
Demonstrated ability to build and maintin effective working relationships across all levels
Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast pace environment
Active TS/SCI with Poly clearance is required
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.