Deputy Service Desk Manager
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Deputy Manager, in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program.
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Washington, DC; Vicksburg, MS; Huntsville, AL; and Hillsboro, OR; across other USACE locations; and virtual positions.
The ESD Deputy Manager, located in Huntsville, AL, will provide support and assistance to the Service Desk Manager in managing the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (ACE-IT) – Supporting 55 major. The Deputy Service Desk Manager will ensure that service levels are achieved in line with the service level requirements and that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
The Deputy Service Desk Manager reports directly to the Service Desk Manager and has oversight over service desk operations.
The Deputy Service Desk Manager is responsible for managing a world class service desk in support of ACE-IT. The Deputy Service Desk Manager will serve as the secondary point of contact for all Service Desk activities and performance. Responsibilities also include:
• Provide a work environment that engenders positive energy, creativity, and teamwork among employees.
• Provides service delivery leadership for the ESD, responsible for hiring decisions, performance management, and general staff leadership.
• Manage schedules and workloads of staff members.
• Responsible for achieving Service Delivery goals and objectives in alignment with strategic enterprise and business goals, regularly exceeds SLA requirements and continuously improves speed and quality.
• Supervise and coach supervisors, team leads, etc.
• Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
• Ensures achievement of client and internal program performance, quality, and develops strategies for continuous improvement against targets.
• Responsible for customer satisfaction as measured by the End User Experience and SLA compliance.
• Serve as liaison for all ESD infrastructure issues to ensure coordination and resolution in a timely manner.
• BA/BS degree and 5 or more years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3 or more years of prior relevant experience
• 2 or more years supervisory or management experience
• Call center customer care experience, preferably in a technical environment
• Able to communicate complex and technical information clearly and concisely to internal and external customers.
• Communicate ideas and recommendations to all levels within the department using tact, common courtesy, persuasion, and discretion to achieve objectives.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions and redefined priorities.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft and web-based applications, and ability to learn other systems as necessary to perform job duties.
• Ability to make decisions and recommendations that contribute to the overall success of projects and programs within the Service Desk.
• Experience building and maintaining morale and managing attrition rates.
• Secret Clearance required
• Experience with help desk (24x7x365);
• Experience with ITSM
• ITIL Certification
• PMP Certification
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.