WPC Data Center Manager
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of WPC Data Center Manager, in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program.
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Washington, DC; Vicksburg, MS; Huntsville, AL; and Hillsboro, OR; across other USACE locations; and virtual positions.
The Data Center Manager is responsible for managing computing center operations; ensuring production schedules are met and computer system resources are used effectively; coordinates the resolution of production-related problems; establishes proper relationships among customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of information technology services; provides users with required computer output in a timely manner; and supervises staff operations.
• Coach and lead the dynamic technology and data center team in support of Corps virtual infrastructure comprised of a distributed portfolio of 2 data centers.
• Focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, and cost-effectiveness
• Develop and set measurable objectives for the data center and technology team and individuals to guide them in achieving results.
• Oversee staffing and mentoring to maintain a high performing engineering team.
• Execute and direct all aspects of data center operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems to achieve compliance with all SLAs.
• Evaluate Networking, Storage, Virtual and Physical Server Farms, Security and Monitoring and report status to executive management
• Work closely with the System and Network Engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve issues
• Directly Manages the Central Processing Center (CPC)
• Oversees Data Center Operations to include:
• Network Operations Center
• Security Operations Center
• Voice Over IP Operations
• UITOC support
• Database Administration and Application and Database Server Security
• UNIX Administration
• U-PASS Administration and Development
• VTC support operations
• BlackBerry Administration and Enterprise Monitoring
• Email and Active Directory Support
• Web Application and Development
• Network Infrastructure, Windows Domain Administration
• Storage Engineering and Administration
Works with the following areas to assure compliance:
Oversees and coordinates information and briefings including but not limited to Operations Briefings.
Tracks and Provides Relevant Reports on Outages, Hazardous Conditions (Hazcons) and Commanders’ Critical Information Requirements (CCIRs) as appropriate.
• BA/BS or equivalent and 5 or more years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3 or more years of prior relevant experience.
• 3 or more years of management experience (hands on, player/coach management style) in a technical mission critical environment
• 5 or more years’ experience as a Systems Administrator or Network Administrator
• CISSP or equivalent certification
• Computing environment certification (i.e. MCSE, VCP6.5-DCV, etc.)
• Secret Clearance
• Experience managing data centers in DoD, DA, or Army Corps of Engineers environments
• Knowledge of Army Corps of Engineers mission and IT environments
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.