Software Engineering Manager
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Software Engineering Manager in Fairmont, WV.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
•Assignment of developers to scrum teams
•Driving tasks associated with the schedule
•Perform maintenance of the DoD ABIS 1.2 system and assist in the development of DoD ABIS 1.3
performance and management of individuals
• Work closely with the Program Management to ensure delivery of software to test
•Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities.
•Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
•Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
•Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
•Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
•Ensures software standards are met.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or related work experience as a software developer/engineer
• At least 15 years of work experience
•Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• Related work experience in Agile software development and scrum methodologies
• Ability to work multiple tasks at once.
• Good communication skills and can work under tight deadlines
• Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
• Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
• Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
• Acts as team leader on projects.
• Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
• Participates in development of software user manuals.
• Designs and implements dev/test environments supporting hiring of S/W Team
• Will manage a small to midsized team of developers
• Has Java development experience
• Has an understanding of Cloud technologies
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Previous experience as a Cost Account Manager (CAM)
• Understand Microsoft project
• Earned Value Management experience
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.