The Leidos Surface Transportation Portfolio is seeking a Mid-Level Transportation Engineer/Analyst to provide support for contracts with the U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT), State Departments of Transportation (DOTs), and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Mid-Level Transportation Engineer/Analyst will support work in the ground transportation areas of:
• Freight and Commercial Vehicles,
• Intelligent Transportation Systems,
• Transportation Systems Management and Operations,
• Integrated Corridor Management,
• Active Transportation and Demand Management, and
• Accelerated Construction and e-Construction Techniques.
The candidate will be responsible for managing and contributing to individual projects relating to the subject areas listed above. The engineer/analyst will also be responsible for leading proposals including proposal team management, writing, reviewing content from other proposal team members, developing work breakdown structures, and estimating level of effort.
As project manager, the analyst/manager will manage the project budget, schedule, Federal client interactions, and deliverable quality. The analyst will oversee and direct work performed by subcontractors and other project staff to meet project objectives. Projects range in size from approximately $50,000 to $3 million.
In addition to managing projects, the analyst will perform technical work and the development of deliverables. This may include development of guidebooks, white papers, workshops, and brochures for State departments of transportation and metropolitan planning organizations on effective approaches to manage and operate the transportation system transportation.
Prior experience in research and consulting is ideal.
The candidate may elect to work on a full time basis and report to the main office location in Reston, VA; telecommuting may be considered. Role requires some travel to within the US to lead meetings, including meeting preparation and facilitation, writing meeting proceedings reports, and leading web-conferences and webinars.
Ideally the candidate should have between 4 and 8 years of transportation engineering/analysis experience in a similar transportation or consulting environment. Operations experience at an industry freight/transportation company is a plus. Candidates with differing amounts of experience should still apply and will be considered.
Emphasis should be in Civil (Transportation) Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science. Candidate must have project management experience, ability to both lead teams and be a team player, ability to critically think through and accomplish complex tasks, and fluency with Microsoft Office tools and programs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, including technical writing and peer editing, public speaking, and managing client relations.
• Practical, hands-on experience with subjects listed above, such as working directly with or at transportation agencies or companies
• Enjoys challenges associated with learning new topics.
• Highly proactive, self-motivated, and has sharp self-time management.
• Detail-oriented, highly organized, and strong ability to multi-task.
• Ability to think analytically, and apply general concepts to other applicable topics.
• Ability to identify and implement creative solutions.
• Ability to flourish within a dynamic, fun team environment as well as work independently.
• Flexible and comfortable with changing direction and competing priorities.
• Seeks constant improvement through self-identifying opportunities and peer feedback.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.