Management Information Systems (MIS) Analyst
Management Information Systems (MIS) Analyst
This position is being tendered for the purpose of acquiring knowledgeable expert(s) that desire(s) to become part of a team of professionals responsible for developing and maintaining a Department of Defense Logistics Software application. The role of the MIS analyst is to utilize their skills to design and modify the software application with the aim of policy compliance, improving business efficiency and productivity while maintaining control of the items under management. The position requires strong business skills and the ability to be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, testing, and functionally debugging the software application. The analyst has the responsibility to consult with the customer/user community, as well as their peers, to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program requirements and objectives.
Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years of hands-on functional experience, in one or more of the following business areas:
• The management of wholesale or base level inventory and/or in the configuration / operation of Inventory Management Systems and/or Warehouse Management Systems
• The Maintenance Mgmt. / Fleet Mgmt. of an organizations equipment to include establishing Preventative Maintenance Schedules, Generation / Management of Work Orders to track the work to be performed, and knowledge is managing a Dispatch operation that tracks the equipment that is available for issue and those items of equipment that have been issued to ensure they are returned for subsequent Re-Dispatch.
• The management (scheduling, conducting, reconciliation) of Physical Inventories for both Warehouse and Organization owned Materiel / Equipment using Automatic Identification Technology (AIT) and via Manual Count Sheets.
• The management (receiving, tracking, disposing) of an organization’s personal equipment used in the performance of their mission.
• Financial accounting and depreciation of equipment held for use in the performance of the organization’s mission and/or financial accounting for Operating Materiel and Supplies held for sale/use.
• The management of equipment and materiel held for issue to include the management of customer requisitions, the generating of push requisitions for the purpose of fielding a new generation of equipment to the field, back order management, direct vendor delivery fulfilment method, and demand planning to include the generation and management of contract purchase requests (one time, and delivery order).
• The management of Unit and Individual Issue / Return of equipment. The type of issues could include: Clothing, Tools, Personal Protective Equipment, Weapons, Tenting, Medical Evac Equipment, etc.
• Decomposing Customer Requirements into quantifiable actionable items that detail what is being requested (New functionality vs Modification of existing functionality).
• Researching current DoD policy / procedures to ensure system compliance
• Comparing the decomposed customer requirement to the existing system’s components to determine what needs to occur to satisfy the customer requirement.
• Brief the team and other stakeholders in the changes need to obtain Buy In / approval to proceed.
• Developing/Updating a Functional Requirement Document (FRD) that describes how the business process is to act/perform. The FRD documents the User Interface, Field Validation, Business Rules, Input and Outputs.
• Developing test scripts to test the updates to the system.
• Executing test scripts and validating that the system is functioning as it should / the FRD.
• Maintaining status of the project requirements / timelines using Microsoft TFS.
• Troubleshooting issues and identifying the needed fix in existing application.
• Recording identified bugs within Microsoft TFS.
• Providing assistance and training to business users in the effective use of the applications and information technology.
• Writing technical procedures and documentation for the application including operational and user guides, etc.
• Participating in meetings with the development team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and reports progress on a daily basis.
• Serving as a liaison and/or facilitator between business stakeholders and the development team.
Education Requirements: Must have graduated from High School or equivalent (GED) and BS with 4+ years of experience is preferred. A candidate can substitute experience with a minimum 4 year degree from an accredited college/university. A MIS or Supply Chain Management major is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Windows based Desktop/Laptop Computers
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment to meet the goals and timelines established by the PM as outlined to the team.
• Ability to be flexible and work hard, in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Experience in software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
• Experience in System to System Interface design and deployment
• Working knowledge of the following Microsoft Products:
o Team Foundation Server (TFS)
o SQL Server Management Studio (SQL Select)
• Working knowledge of Balsamiq Mockups
• AIT devices
• Bar Code Printers
Experience in one or more of the following systems are considered a plus:
• AESIP -Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program
• DLMS - Defense Logistics Management Standards
• DPAS -Defense Property Accountability System
• FAST - Federal Automotive Statistical Tool
• FLIS -Federal Logistics Information Service-
• GCSS-Army -Global Combat Support System Army
• IUID – Item Unique Identification
• PBUSE -Property Book Unit Supply -Enhanced
• SAMS-E -Standard Army Maintenance System – Enhanced
• SARRS -Standard Army Retail Supply System
• SWALIS -Special Warfare Automated Logistics Information System
• WAWF – Wide Area Work Flow
• DoD Accounting Systems (DAI, DBMS, DEAMS, DWAS, EBAS, GAFS-R, STARS)
Education Requirements: Must have graduated from High School or equivalent (GED). A candidate can substitute experience with a minimum 4 year degree from an accredited college/university. A MIS or Supply Chain Management major is preferred.
Interested candidates should prepare / submit a resume detailing their education and work experience as how to it relates to this position.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.