Senior Penetration Tester - Red Team (12 Month Contract)
Leidos is seeking a Senior Penetration Tester to develop and implement a Red Team/Hunt function. The selected candidate must have previous Red Team/Hunt experience and meet the competency of a mid to senior level penetration tester. The position will be responsible for performing test-based assessments of client infrastructures using standard hacking methodologies. The candidate will maintain the highest ethical standards and adherence to established rules of engagement. The candidate should have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and have the ability to interact successfully with clients from the executive level down in both structured and unstructured situations. This is a 12 month contract.
- Assist with development of Red Team/Hunt processes, procedures, metrics and test schedule
- Assist with identification of technology required to perform Red Team function
- Assist with development of Threat Hunting function that leverages threat intelligence and Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) to detect threats, identify security gaps and improve SOC operations.
- Provide on the job training to Red Team/Hunt team and coordinate tasking for team members
- Assist with development and maintenance of adversary campaign tactics for Red Team use.
- Perform application and infrastructure based penetration tests.
- Perform physical security review.
- Perform social engineering tests.
- Perform reviews and audits of information security programs and processes as required, covering web application and services, applications software, and computer networks.
- Develop scripts and programs for penetration test automation.
- Have understanding of, and experience in, evaluating nation-state, hacktivists, and cybercriminal capabilities and activity.
- Communicate to team members and senior leadership cyber risk(s) to the enterprise though operational briefings and penetration test reports.
- Ability to identify trends in cyberspace with regards to adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures, targeting, malware development and implementation.
- Track metrics and trend analysis on discovered attacks, vulnerabilities, and mitigations.
- Proactively research emerging cyber threats. Apply analytical understanding of hacker methodologies and tactics, system vulnerabilities and key indicators of attacks and exploits.
- Perform network traffic analysis utilizing raw packet data, net flow, IDS, and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks.
- Utilize understanding of attack signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats.
- Located at the client site in a leadership role representing Leidos Commercial Cyber Solutions.
- Strong cyber threat intelligence and information security experience in complex organizations.
- Previous penetration testing experience and familiarity with commonly used tools and tactics.
- Familiarity with cyber security threats, defenses, motivations and techniques.
- Familiarity with security concerns facing large enterprises.
- Experience with offensive security analysis tools and tactics.
- Experience performing open source research.
- Experience distilling raw information into actionable intelligence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Microsoft Publisher.
- Familiarity with Python, Perl, or Ruby.
- Must be self-starter, eager to take the initiative.
- Operational understanding of TCP/IP and computer networking. Knowledge of the functions of security technologies such as IPS/IDS, Firewalls, Security Information and Event Management tools, etc a plus.
- Possession of industry standard certification such as OSCP, CEH, GPEN and/or other relevant penetration testing related certifications a plus.
- Familiarity with the creation of Metasploit modules a plus.
- Familiarity with public cloud architectures and SOC operations that support public cloud operating models.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.