Substation CAD Designer
Leidos' continues to expand its operations, and seeks a highly motivated, customer-oriented Engineering Designer to join the team in our Orlando, FL office. This is a strategically important position that will have a large impact on an already successful organization.
We are seeking a Substation CAD Designer who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Energy Solutions Operation, working in a fast paced environment, and performing challenging substation designs. The qualified individual will require a combination of strong technical and interpersonal skills and high attention to detail with a passion for quality. The position will include reporting to project managers and design engineers. Additionally, the candidate may be responsible for interfacing directly with other staff in remote office locations. Assignments cover the full range of project design support.
The successful candidate will perform various Engineering Design functions using Microstation and AutoCAD software. Duties include detailing, updating, and printing of drawing files, in addition to revising existing drawings. Experience in electrical services is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with multiple engineers & and other designers to perform drafting of accurate drawing packages for utility power delivery projects
• Electrical: Single-line diagrams and three-line diagrams, grounding plans, wiring, schematics, and AC/DC wiring systems
• Physical: Plan view and elevation drawings layouts for conduit and troughing, control building layouts and structural/electrical details
• Draft in AutoCAD and/or Microstation environments performing: Plot, Batch Plot, Scan and issue project drawing and documentation packages
• Support multiple project and client deadlines and deliverables.
• Minimum of 2+ years relevant experience in high voltage electrical utility substation design and drafting with experience preparing the following drawings:
• One-line and three-line diagrams
• Control and protection schemes including the preparation of schematics and wiring diagrams
• As a member of the Power Delivery team, that consists or designers, project managers and engineers, provide assistance in the preparation of general arrangements, electrical equipment plans, section views, conduit and cable plans/schedules, grounding plans and details with familiarity with preparation of design drawings
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.