Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn's 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
Leidos has an opening for a Software Architect to join our Architecture team in carrying out architecture development activities for the AIMES software suite. You will support the transformation of the AIMES system for customers in the Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) domain. This position can be located in Charlottesville, VA OR Dayton, OH.
• Support Emergent Design. Partner with our self-organizing teams to foster incremental design.
• Support Intentional Architecture by working across the teams to anticipate and ward off internal and external design conflicts. Use this insight to identify and lead architectural initiatives to improve the solution design and work to identify proper times to split initiatives into enabler features.
• Foster seeking simplicity of solution design and simplicity of language to develop that design. Work with the subject matter experts, users and developers to develop a common language to describe the solution, develop the solution and evaluate the solution.
• Work with Agile teams to create models or rapid prototypes to help guide the emergent design when doubt exists
• Enable system architecture testing by evangelizing Design for Testability – collaborate with the Agile Teams, fellow architects and the systems team to build awareness of large-scale functional and non-functional performance and reliability requirements
• Elicit innovative ideas from the Agile Teams and work to incorporate these ideas into the architectural runway by anticipating and insisting on Innovation and Planning iterations
• Work closely with the Architecture Team Lead, fellow Architecture team members and the Product Manager and Product Owner to achieve program objectives
• Support broad range of customer engagements (tradeshows, product launch, issue resolution)
• Provide leadership in implementing/executing SAFe/Agile processes across program domain
• Architect software solutions for Big Data and Cloud Environments by analyzing functional and non-functional requirements, confer with product owners or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
• Maintain technical currency to support future technology implementation within the program
• Some travel <25% (less than) may be required.
• Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline
• 10 years overall technical experience/ 5 years in Agile software development
• Experience deploying systems using PKI certificates and tokens
• Experience with Basic and Token-based authentication and mutual authentication
• Experience with Federated authorization systems
• Experience with Role-based or attribute-based authentication
• Must have experience building cross-team collaboration among development teams, architecture/solution teams and the product and solution management team
• Experience contributing to or developing technology plans and roadmaps
• Significant, demonstrable experience with SAFe Agile methodology and implementing features across the software development team and development environment
• Experience implementing solutions for traditional, hosted-ISP, virtualized environments, and for use in Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments
• Experience building solutions using Continuous Integration frameworks
• Experience delivering solutions using Continuous deployment concepts
• Must have experience developing open standards-based solutions: microservices, proxies, routers, API gateways, serverless computation, web services, modern user interfaces
• Demonstrable architectural fluidity in the presence of customer-required security and deployment constraints
• Proven experience with SOA, microservices and specifically 1 year of experience in developing RESTful and/or SOAP services and 1 year of developing with microservices
• Experience with business process/workflow design and development. Be able to use the comprehensive user engagement conducted by system engineering counterparts to convert the use cases, user interviews, and architectural artifacts into functioning software services
• Experience with software development tools such as: JIRA Agile, Stash, GIT/Bitbucket, Subversion, Confluence, Eclipse
• Must be able to work in a dynamic fast paced, highly flexible, team-oriented environment with responsibility for customer deliverables and schedule
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain up to a TS/SCI clearance
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline.
• Experience with Full-Motion Video (FMV) streaming standards and technology
• Experience building software for DoD
• Experience with maintaining and certifying software systems that have been delivered to DoD government customers
• Certified SAFe Agilist or SAFe Practioner
• CompTIA Security Plus Certification
• Amazon Web Services Certification
• Experience with enterprise systems
• Experience with “Big Data” systems
• Experience with NoSQL and Relational databases
• Algorithm development experience
• 3D rendering experience
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.