The Database Administrator is responsible for overseeing day to day operations and maintenance of Oracle databases. Candidate must poses a working knowledge of Oracle database administration, and associated tools, as an essential part of this position.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Performs routine administrative tasks such as user account management, storage management, and job management
· Provides 24x7 operations support
· Ensures backup and recoverability of databases
· Monitors databases for availability and performance, taking action to correct problems or issues
· Tunes the database to meet service level objectives (SLOs), identify bottlenecks, and recommend solutions at the server, Storage Area Network (SAN), database, and SQL level.
· Identifies poor performing SQL queries and works with the software vendor to optimize them
· Performs capacity planning for all aspects of database operations
· Installs patches and software upgrades
· Assists the application administrators with application testing and deployment
· Supports customer requests for assistance in producing reports by developing SQL queries for use in the Ad Hoc report subsystem and/or creating reports for them
· Supports database functions by designing and coding PL/SQL or Linux bash scripts
· Ensures database environments are secured in accordance with policies and procedures
· Maintains quality service by enforcing program and organizational standards
· Contributes to team success by accomplishing related tasks, as necessary
Experience and Education:
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 4-8 years of experience.
- Experience as an Oracle DBA
- Experience maintaining Oracle 12c databases in a Linux environment
- Experience with Oracle RMAN
- Experience with VATAS database environment
- Experience with SevOne and ExtraHop monitoring tools
- Experience as a SQL Server DBA
- Experience with Oracle ASM
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard
- Experience with Oracle Data Pump
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager – DBConsole
- Experience with TOAD for Oracle
- Experience with NetApp Storage Area Networks
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Version 7
- Experience with T-SQL, PL/SQL, and bash scripting
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.