Manager Systems Integration & Test
Manager Systems Integration & Test
Leidos is seeking a manager who will be responsible for a Systems Integration & Test team of approximately 15 engineers on the En Route Aviation Modernization (ERAM) program. Responsibilities will encompass all aspects of the I&T life cycle for a large-scale software system. The candidate will be required to have a sound background in I&T development as well as full software development life cycle processes.
The Federal Aviation Administration’s ERAM program is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the current and future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast.
• Staffing and hiring activities to meet the workload needs for the Test Team. Includes interviewing and evaluating candidate new hires as well as identifying requirements for subcontractor support and evaluating potential subcontractor candidates.
• Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities, including Earned Value Management, for Test control accounts. This includes activities such as: weekly schedule status, monthly cost/estimate reports analysis and status, variance analysis and reports/explanations, baseline change requests (BCRs), and other miscellaneous CAM requests
• Cost Estimation, Workload planning, and schedule estimation/monitoring in support of Test team’s current and future business needs on the program.
• Manage and be responsible for the Change Request Verification of all Change Requests (CR’s) on the program including all aspects of the Integration & Test lifecycle including test development (Test Approaches and Test Procedures), integration, and final status reporting.
• Interface with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to cost, schedule, and technical aspects of the test activities.
• Support and interface with other Test Managers on ERAM to ensure all test activities are able to complete successfully in support of overall program milestones. This includes staff planning and technical support.
• Work across the various engineering and functional organizations to plan and establish detailed schedule and cost baselines and ensure test activities are achieved.
• Plan engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and apply appropriate tracking metrics.
• Ensure delivery of quality work products (i.e. test approaches and procedures) in accordance with program requirements.
• Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance review for the department’s personnel; award programs and other employee award/assessment activities.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.