Verification Engineer (Greenbelt, MD)
The Verification Engineer will work with the systems engineering and architecture teams to develop functional tests for all infrastructure capabilities in the enterprise solution. The Verification Engineer will define, plan, organize, perform, and ensuring timely execution of functional verification for all infrastructure systems. The Verification Engineer is responsible for interacting with the infrastructure architecture and DevOps teams to develop post-implementation validation. Where possible, an automation-first policy should be considered for all functional validation activity.
· Contributes to the formulation and maintenance of an enterprise-wide functional validation approach to address infrastructure capability as described in the design and implementation plans
· Provides support to the Cloud, Datacenter, Backup, Storage, BCDR, Database, and DevOps engineering and implementation teams
· Provides input on the development of design, implementation, user guides, and training materials
· Performs training for engineering and operations staff as required
· Develops functional validation workbooks for performing site-to-site failover, workload redistribution, recovery, and fail-back
· Develops a product-by-product validation workbook to ensure functional readiness of a system that will be used by the Office of Information Security to recommend Authority to Operate
· Develop test cases and scenarios for all infrastructure solutions with regard to implementation, operation, and maintenance
· Maintains knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies, equipment and systems. Keeps current on laws, mandates, issues, practices and procedures
· Reviews and provides input to policies and standard operating procedures
· Performs other related duties as assigned
· Requires Master's Degree with 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13-16 years of prior relevant experience.
- 15 full-time years of experience; Priorr consulting, Professional Services and/or Enterprise Experience preferred.
· Must have advanced level knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of the field of specialization.
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 or higher certification required or obtained within one (1) year of accepting position.
· Industry certifications in enterprise practices recommended.
· Proficient in Datacenter and Cloud technologies.
· Proficient in working with infrastructure-as-code developers.
· Experience in a scripting language and/or RESTful development.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnel.
· Ability to consistently meet and exceed expectations and incorporate customer service into all aspects of work.
· Proven judgment and problem solving skills.
· Solid time management skills while consistently providing outstanding customer service.
· Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.