Biometrics Field Support Engineer - Afghanistan
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Biometrics Field Support Engineer located in Afghanistan.
Our Field Support Engineer will be supporting the Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) Sustainment contract. This new four year program will provide operations, maintenance, software engineering services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the BAT-A system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions. The Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. Leidos assists in this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of biometrics to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities. Team Leidos has been providing world class development and field support to the Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) program since its inception in 2004. We have worked side-by-side with our DoD Partners to develop, deploy, maintain, train and operate the BAT-A wherever it has been deployed as a force multiplier in the critical war on terror mission.
The successful candidate will Provide critical biometrics system administration and operations, and maintenance support to include technical support services for the US Army on the BAT-A system, handheld biometrics collection platforms (i.e. SEEK II, BAT-A Hand Held), Client and Server platforms; to include planning, operation, optimization, security administration, maintenance, and network management. Individual must be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision.
•Assist the Warfighter with daily system tasks, including the following:
-System start-up, initialization, and shut down
-Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs
-Security checks of daily logs
-Daily operation of servers, including email servers and web servers
-LAN administration and coordination with WANs
-Network security functions IAW the SSAA
-Database administration, including extracting data for reporting purposes
-Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
-Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
-Maintain the BAT image for the SEEK devices and laptops
-Manage BAT-A server and database applications and user accounts
-Coordinate BAT-A supply, logistics, and repair actions
-Support and coordinate with the Army’s Counterintelligence (CI) Cell and S2X
-Maintain the BEWL on mission systems
-Train personnel and ensure IA personnel compliance
-Track enrollments from ingestion to ABIS.
•Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptops, servers and peripherals.
•General systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting.
•Customer interaction in response to reported problems, defining requirements and user training requests.
•Support Help Desk Operations as necessary.
•Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary.
•Perform other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Manager.
External Referral Eligible
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of systems administration or relevant IT experience. Bachelor's degree requirement may be substituted with an additional 6 years of experience of relevant IT experience with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
- Previous experience with biometrics applications on the Tactical Biometric System (TBS), Joint Personnel Identification (JPI), BAT or Biometric Information System for Access (BISA) programs in support of GWOT.
- Currently possess DoD 8570 at the IAT level II, consisting of 2 or more of the following: Security+ CE, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), A+ Essentials, Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the IAT level II profile.
- Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations.
- Ability to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PC’s and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
- Currently possess a DoD Top Secret security clearance SCI eligible.
- Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
- Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
- Prior experience in Afghanistan, Iraq or similar surroundings.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.