Business Development Coordinator
Leidos has an immediate opening for a Business Development Coordinator to help support the customer and employee engagement initiatives of the Health Business Development Team.
- Assist the Business Development team with the development, execution and administration of customer engagement programs and projects including customer engagement workshops, and updating and maintaining engagement metrics
- Assist with employee outreach initiatives, including building/compiling a resource library for the BD team, drafting win announcements, and preparing regular messages from leadership, as well as supporting the team in coordinating and executing quarterly all-hands meetings
- Provide support for events and conference sponsorships including invitations/guest list management, organizing registration, preparing or gathering materials, and reserving necessary equipment or giveaways, etc.
- Assist with preparation and/or updating of customer-facing materials, including white papers, thought leadership, fact sheets, graphics, and Power Point presentations in support of customer meetings and events
- Support the business development team with special projects as required, including tracking and reporting of metrics related to growth, customer engagement or other initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communications skills, a high energy level, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, and graphics programs such as Adobe Illustrator to present ideas, information, and reports.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers in the team and across Leidos
- Familiarity or experience in business development or marketing, preferably with in the government services or technology industry.
- Desire to grow into business development/capture professional
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.