Senior Systems Engineer
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Working in a variety of environments, the successful candidate will use leading edge technologies to develop analytics pulling data from multiple cyber sources, as well as classic SIGINT. These analytics will be used in standard presentation systems throughout the enterprise to support missions throughout the world covering a variety of subjects. You will be supporting systems that develop prototypes answering new questions as well as providing better answers to existing questions. You will be part of a team responsible for migrating silo systems into the government corporate cloud architecture. You will be working directly with the customer in a highly collaborative, integrated environment. This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in an environment that uses leading technologies in a fast paced arena.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 15-18 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
· At least 18 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
· At least ten (10) years of experience in engineering and program processes (CM, QA, risk management, reporting) software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid- to large-scale (e.g., ONEROOF - PINWALE, integration programs).
· A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree is a plus.
· A working knowledge of Hadoop, Cloud and relational database technologies.
· Experience with medium to large system migrations.
· Experience with customer’s GM and MASH architectures is a plus
· Strong written and oral communication skills are a must.
· Must be able to work in a team environment
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.