The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sonar Technician at Chesapeake, VA.
This position is working as part of a team overseeing the installation and conducting testing of the AN/SQQ-89A(V) Sonar Suite. This is working with dynamic schedules and coordinating with other members of the test team and ship’s force.
Review of drawings and procedures designed for AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 installations and upgrades.
• Act as liaison during industrial installation.
• Coordinate testing of newly upgrades systems.
• Fault isolation.
• Resolution of any issues associated with installation and testing of sonar systems.
• Support assessments and at-sea test events as required.
• Fulfill duties as an on-site representative for the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 system. These responsibilities will include:
- Perform direct support to expedite problem resolution and to minimize any schedule impact caused by USW system equipment problems.
- Provide installation and testing inputs to daily and weekly reports.
- Investigate outstanding assessment discrepancies.
- Provide updates to the on-line database via ALICE.
- Deliver a CD of the electronic database as requested.
- Correct visual/mechanical and electrical discrepancies discovered during Assessment testing as scheduled and directed.
- Perform configuration audits to verify installed USW system baselines on specified hulls per schedule and instructions provided.
- Perform System Interoperability Validation (SIV)/equipment grooms using Government approved procedures.
*External referral eligible.*
• Must be able to lift forty (40) pounds, climb ladders, and perform other shipboard activities
• Position requires a valid passport.
• Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
• Understanding of Basic Sonar Principles, equipment, and interfaces.
• Ability to troubleshoot and test connectors, cable, power.
• Ability to load AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Typically requires Bachelors degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent experience/combined education also considered.
Additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
• Proficient with MS Office products.
• Proficient writing skills, able to summarize schedules and technical issues into reports.
• Active interim secret or secret clearance.
• Knowledge of Linux and networking desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.