The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Commo Specialist in Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan.
The Commo Specialist will support flight operations by providing functional and updated communication equipment for USG and contractor aircrew and maintain accountability of all assigned communication and automation equipment. Responsibilities include, but not limited to: operate, upgrade, repair, and maintain equipment, systems, and subsystems for Command, Control and Communication (C3), and items used for Tagging, Tracking, and Locating (TTL).
Technician shall operate and maintain UHF, HF, VHF, and OTH secure communications. Provide COMSEC custodianship and crypto fill/secure fill storage capacity. Train Afghan military personnel on the responsibilities of Comm Specialist. Utilize the secure and non-secure flight operations areas and update the flight operations areas with appropriate intelligence/threat information available and displayed.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Very familiar with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel and Access
· As the position location is in Afghanistan, the following requirements need to be met:
- US citizen - Active passport with a minimum of 12 months before expiration prior to start date.
- Visa with multiple entries for 12 months prior to start date
- Completion of Customer required International Readiness Certifications prior to deployment.
- Failure to complete any of these actions within 60 days of accept will result in rescinding of the offer. If the candidate is unable to pass the medical screening after the start date and prior to deployment an immediate administrative termination will be requested.
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized training in specific aspects of job functions and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks and 3 Years of experience.
- Preferred Aviation background experience
- Understanding and accepting local languages, customs and traditions (to be able to work with local customs, transport systems and language interpretation)
- Ability to work and live in a team environment
- Military deployment experience is highly desired and deployment experience to the CENTCOM region is desired
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.