Network Security Engineer
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Security Engineer at Scott AFB, IL.
The Network Security Engineer is responsible for protecting DISA’s information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction. Duties include managing and enforcing of security strategies and policies within established guidelines. Areas of responsibilities include IT Security Strategy, Cyber Security, and Compliance and Risk Management supporting IT Security and Compliance Teams. The individual will report to the applicable Service Delivery Manager and be a member of a team supporting the daily security operations of the GSM-OSS (Operational Support System). The individual is responsible to the program IAM for ensuring the appropriate operational Information Assurance (IA) posture is maintained for a DoD information system or organization.
- The individual shall possess a working knowledge of the system or enclave functions, its technical IA safeguards, and its operational IA measures.
- The individual needs to be flexible, dependable and be able to multi-task with priorities.
- The position requires the individual have extensive background in information systems to include Information Assurance, Computer Network Defense, and secure network configuration practices for servers, switches and routers.
- Determine applicability of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts/Bulletins to assets.
- Coordinate network scanning of assets and analyze reports to identify mitigation actions.
- Implement software patches, upgrades, and configuration changes as directed by change control board
- Validate security posture of assets (servers and network devices) using security technical information guides and security requirement guides
- Collaborate with program information assurance staff, program management, and local engineers to ensure an appropriate security posture is maintained.
- Candidate will assist in creating and maintaining system documentation and support accreditation activities.
- The individual must satisfy both preparatory and sustaining DoD standard training and certification requirements as a condition of privileged access to any DoD information system.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Must have experience or training in IA and IA supporting technologies to include Cisco and Juniper network devices and vulnerability assessment tools (e.g., Nessus, nmap).
- Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Working knowledge of DoD 8500 series and NIST 800-series.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce or higher.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with the ability to acquire a Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy
- Experience with ACAS, eMass, and HBSS
- Familiar with DISA and DoD security and IA policy
- Experience Information Assurance Technology Framework (IATF) Defense in Depth principles
- Experience with DISA and DoD assessment and authorization processes (e.g., RMF).
- Experience or training in IA and IA supporting technologies such as Network Intrusion Detection Systems (e.g., Securify).
- Experience with VMware vSphere/ESXi 5.
- ITIL certification.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.