Lead MAC Endpoint Engineer
The Civil Health Operation is currently seeking a Lead MAC Endpoint Engineer to support a large
The successful candidate will work within an ITIL environment. The position is a highly customer focused environment to provide Apple Mac OS Engineering and proactive Administration support for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) End User environment.
Perform specific duties as a Mac Endpoint Engineering Lead through a flexible tiered team approach in support of the infrastructure operations, hardware, software and mobile devices.
The candidate will work as an Apple Mac Endpoint Engineering Lead for the Leidos CMS Endpoint Engineer team providing Architecture/Engineering guidance and support to a team of Engineers and Computer Systems Analyst, provide advanced technical support to internal and remote deskside support team leading to issue resolutions for escalated concerns. The successful candidate should have demonstrable working expertise with one or more of the following: Asset and Change management with BMC Remedy or Service Now (SNOW); Endpoint management with Jamf Pro, TEM/BigFix; working knowledge of Windows 8, Windows 10 Imaging & Patch Management; expert knowledge of Group Policy DISA STIG; expert knowledge of Application Deployment/Delivery technologies.
The candidate will ensures processes defined in Endpoint Operations are being both implemented and followed. Participate in standardization efforts to ensure the team can take advantage of repeatable processes to support the environment Manage and work on continuous improvement of the deployment, testing, maintenance, support, and upgrade processes of end point hardware and software. Help identify areas of improvement not limited to technology but will include processes within existing Leidos engagement and define roadmaps to achieve improvement mainly on Mac engineering space.
The candidate will work closely with management to help guide the team with a customer focus approach and an ability to work as part of one or more cross functional team(s) supporting various new technology insertions supporting the CMS and Leidos missions.
• Strong Technical and Engineering experience
• Strong Architecture design experience
• Strong leadership experience
• Hands-on IT Engineering experience in areas of hardware and software Expert knowledge of Mac OS X hardware and software versions
• Strong Mac engineering and MSI packaging and distribution technologies
• Proficiency with Windows 8, 10, Microsoft Office 2016, O365, and Office for Mac
• Expert Knowledge of Apple iOS products and hardware and software versions
• Expertise /Certification in JAMF administration, profile management, and configuration
• Understanding of Active Directory Group/Users/Computers
• Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP
• Update any solution designs, technical documents, and diagrams of Leidos CMS systems for assigned projects
• Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
• Well organized, and able to provide 24x7 coverage on rotating on-call support
• Ability to lift up to 20 poundsExcellent customer service skills, a team player, adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and willing to go the extra mile in a fast pace environment to service the customer with a positive attitude.
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Certified Casper Expert (CCE)/
• Certified Casper Administrator (CCA)
• ACSP (Apple Certified Support Professional) / ACMT (Apple Certified Mac Technician)
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.