Network Services Program Manager
The Federal Health Operation is seeking a Network Services Program Manager as part of a highly visible Health Information Technology (IT) services effort. The Program Manager position is located in Bethesda, Maryland.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Manager will manage a team of network and security engineers of various skill sets and experience that provide network engineering, planning, deployment, implementation, and maintenance services as well as a the daily operation of a Network Operations Center. Experienced manager capable of successfully directing project planning, development and implementation according to cost, schedule, and scope requirements. Participates in project initiation activates, including plan and budget preparation; leads the project team in successfully executing the project closeout activities, including collecting lessons learned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
At a minimum, the duties of the Program Manager will include:
• Work with the technical leadership to effectively plan and manage network support services in support the National Institutes of Health. Ensure project initiatives are completed on schedule and budget with adherence to high quality standards
• Provide thought leadership and innovation in the application of information technology
• Work with the customer to effectively scope and prioritize project initiatives
• Manage relationships and communications with all project stakeholders including customers and end users
• Staffing and Personnel Management
• Technical and Financial Reports and Forecasts
• Subcontractor Management and Oversight
• Accountability to the Customer for Contract Performance
• Cost Control and Financial Management
• Supervising Direct Report Employees Managing SOP & Network Operations documentation on SharePoint System
Required EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requiresa Bachelor’s Degree and at least 12 years of total related experience
Must have experience in managing and overseeing complex projects/programs. Experience in public Health IT enterprise operations management is preferred. Candidates who demonstrate successful experience in managing within a co-sourcing environment as the customer’s trusted advisor will have an advantage. ITIL foundation certification and PMP® or PgMP® credentials from the Project Management Institute are a plus. Previous networking experience or industry certifications are a plus (i.e. CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, etc).
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in managing a large group of network and technical professionals
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Maintenance of technical staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and creating technical training plans for employees
• Strong financial analysis; achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances
• Manages conflicts and resolves problems
• Self-directed and goal-oriented
• Strong in analytical and project management.
• Maintenance of continuity across the branch by documenting and communicating standard operating procedures, communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
• Experience reviewing work products to ensure that the work products are adequate prior to Federal review and acceptance
• Experience communicating orally and in writing providing recommendations regarding process and performance improvements
• Experience managing T&M and CPFF type contracts of value between $5M and $20M per year
• Experience managing subcontractors including development of SOWs and financial oversight
• People Management Skills: Must have the ability to manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality project outputs on time and within budget. Ensures appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
• Customer Interface Skills: Extraordinary customer service skills. As a primary customer interface, must be able to listen to and understand customer expectations and concerns, assure customer project is being executed effectively and have a sense of urgency in completing customer requests.
• PMP certification or equivalent
• General understanding of principles, techniques and practices of network and software engineering.
• Proposal writing
• Business development
• Experience with the general nature and capabilities of microcomputers and high performance workstations.
• Experience communicating orally and in writing to advise top management on new developments and advanced techniques.
• Experience coordinating development of IT standards, guidelines, or policy.
• Experience working with and negotiating effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations.
• Experience monitoring and responding to customer requests to deliver service.
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. All selected candidates will undergo drug test, background check, educational qualifications check, and must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident and be able to obtain a public trust level 5b clearance. Candidate must maintain a valid driver’s license to drive to NIH facilities in the local area. Candidate must be able to safely lift, move, rack and install network equipment up to 60lbs, as needed.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.