The Civil Health Operation is currently seeking a System Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
The candidate will be a member of an Operations Team providing support for all aspects of customers VMware infrastructure and responsible for providing Wintel engineering, implementation and technical support for multiple enterprise data centers.
The candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The candidate must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management.
The candidate will ensures processes defined are being both implemented and followed. Participate in standardization efforts to ensure the team can take advantage of repeatable processes to support the environment Manage and work on continuous improvement of the deployment, testing, maintenance, support. Help identify areas of improvement not limited to technology but will include processes within existing Leidos engagement and define roadmaps to achieve improvement within the Wintel environment.
Manage Windows Server 2008/2012 domain for a large user base in a multiple domain forest configuration. This includes Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, creation and deletion of user accounts, and managing access controls. Build, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot VMware ESX Hosts on many Blade Frames technologies. Support several hundred Virtual Machines in both the production and development environments. Work with application owners and developers for applications hosted on Windows and other x86 based hardware.
· Strong Engineering & Design experience of Windows/Unix environment using VMware technology
· Strong experience implementing and configuring various Hardware include Bladeframes from multiple vendors such as HP, Dell and Cisco.
· Strong experience deploying and managing VMWare ESX Host infrastructure
· Strong experience with Hyper-Converged Technologies
· Strong Windows 2008/2012/2016 server administration, builds, troubleshooting and support
· Knowledge of Linux REHL 6.x – 8.x server administration, builds, troubleshooting and support
· Experience with EMC Storage systems
· Understanding of Network File Systems (NFS)
· Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals
· Ability to write script in an Administrative Language (PowerShell, Pyton, Ruby, or Shell).
· Understanding of Active Directory Group/User objects
· Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP
· Solid understanding of Infoblox system
· Working knowledge of automation and configuration management. vRealize Automation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt experience is a plus
· Experience with equipment Racking/Stacking
· Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
· Windows Server 2008/2012 NTFS
· Linux REHL 6.x – 8.x
· Active Directory Group/User objects
· Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, DHCP
· ESX Host VMware experience
· TCP/IP network troubleshooting
· EMC Storage
· Blade Frame technologies
· Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)VMWare experience
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.