SATCOM Network Administrator
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has a career opening for a SATCOM Network Administrator candidate at Scott AFB, IL
Supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Tactical Mission Manager (TMM), providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities. Personnel shall provide knowledge to an extremely complex IP-Based SATCOM network. Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hr shifts based upon the requirement and resources available.
• Perform IP network support to include configuration of switches, routers, firewalls and voice equipment.
• Perform IP satellite modem support to include configuration and issue of option/boot files.
• Work with DoD SATCOM Gateway facilities and deployed operators to troubleshoot and resolve SATCOM and IP network issues.
• Remotely access and de-access customers into the IP/SATCOM networks.
• Verify equipment is operating in the baseline configuration and react to alarms as necessary.
• Remotely provide global equipment configurations at DoD SATCOM Gateways utilizing the Satellite Access Authorization (SAA) and Gateway Access Authorization (GAA).
• Utilize ticketing applications to aid in customer problem tracking and resolution in all aspects of the network integral to our client's Baseband, IF, and RF Communications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. EFFECTIVE DATE: 01/02/2016
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.