IT Ops Center Manager
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of USACE IT Operations Center (UITOC) Manager, in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program.
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
The USACE IT OPS Center (UITOC) Manager, located in Hillsboro, OR, will be responsible for all activities related to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ 24/7 IT Operations Center (UITOC), including recruiting, hiring, training, and coaching technicians across the CPC and WPC Data Capabilities. The UITOC Manager will oversee the management of teams in both the CPC and WPC Data Center and ensure proactive monitoring of the Corps’ world-wide network infrastructure, servers, storage systems, databases, websites, and environmental monitoring of the Corps’ physical computing facilities. The UITOC Manager will also serve as the USACE IT (ACE-IT) organization’s liaison to the Corps’ telco partners, facilitating troubleshooting and resolution of data circuit issues.
• Monitor activities and management of both WPC and CPC Data Centers
• Ensure Data Centers provide timely notifications to the Corps covering system availability, network degradation, planned maintenance and outages, and facilitate cross-team communication to help speed the resolution of complex service outages.
• Ensure the monitoring for and distribution of NIPRNet and SIPRNet taskers from the U.S. Army’s 7th Signal Command, Army Cyber Command, and other DoD agencies to the appropriate ACE-IT teams
• Oversee all investigations and reporting of exposures of personally identifiable information (PII)
• Identify Data Center documentation requirements, obtain source data, and develop content to ensure that documents are prepared in accordance with contract and company standards
• Provide application and network visibility across the IT Infrastructure
• Provide support teams the fault tolerant tools needed to meet/exceed customer expectations.
• Ensure the UITOC has accurate and updated information.
• Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
• Communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
• Work to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
• Performs other duties and assignments as required.
• Experience managing data centers in DoD, DA, or Army Corps of Engineers environments
• Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
• Working knowledge of Operating Systems: Windows 10, Mac OS X, and Ubuntu Linux
• Experience with computer hardware installation and configuration including building new systems
• Experience supervising or leading teams or projects
• Ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures
• Experience building and maintaining morale and managing attrition rates
• BS degree with 8 or more years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 or more years of prior relevant experience
• CompTIA Security+ CE certification
• DoD Secret Clearance
• Knowledge of Linksys/Cisco firewall and VPN configuration and maintenance
• Knowledge of Administration of MS Exchange Server 5.5
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.