System Engineer Intern
Job Description – System Engineer Intern
- Assists System Engineering to investigate technical solutions, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems, and information technology related responsibilities including design, development, and analysis of computer systems or programs based on and related to user or system design specifications; applying systems analysis techniques and procedures.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
· Currently enrolled as a rising junior or senior in a Bachelor's program in a technical or scientific field such as engineering or computer science, mathematics, operations research, engineering management.
· Previous experience with deploying and sustaining enterprise information systems is a plus. Enterprise systems are hardware and software designed to meet the needs of a large organization and have a greater requirement for reliability, interoperability, availability, scalability, performance and security.
· Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution.
· Develops integrated system test requirement, strategies, devices and systems.
· Supports system level testing.
US Citizenship required per contract.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.